For security reasons, JFS cannot accept unsolicited in-kind donations. If you are interested in making a donation of this type, please send photos of the items to Patty Benson at email@example.com.
Please consider donations of the following:
- Automobiles – If your vehicle is in good driving condition, you will provide someone with essential transportation and receive the full bluebook value off your taxes. If it is not in driving condition, consider donating your vehicle to Charity Motors and designate the sale proceeds to JFS of Washtenaw County. Visit www.charitymotors.org for more information.
- Classroom Materials – items such as composition notebooks, lined paper, binders, mouse pads, and electric pencil sharpeners will aid our ESL classrooms and students. Books and Reference materials will assist ESL students to hone their language skills.
- Gas, phone & pharmacy pre-paid cards – provide clients with the independence and dignity to purchase what they need.
- Gift Cards – Meijer, Walmart, Target, and Visa gift cards are greatly appreciated. Our bargain shoppers will do the work to purchase just what is needed.
- Pro bono professional services – JFS often seeks providers of affordable or pro-bono services for low income clients including dental, mental health, optical and legal services.
- Mentoring & employment leads – provide your guidance and expertise to a newly arrived immigrant or mid-career professional seeking new employment.
- Furniture & Household goods – new or gently used to help newly arrived families and refugees set up their homes in Washtenaw County.
- Here is a list of items needed for new refugee arrivals:
Linens (all new, please)
Bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths in solid colors
Twin sheet sets
Queen sheet sets
Blankets in twin and queen sizes
Shower curtain liners and rings
Cleaning supplies (all new, please)
Toilet bowl cleaner
Broom and dustpan sets
Laundry detergent (full size)
Dryer sheets (full size)
Toilet brush in holder
Cotton cleaning towels
Kitchen and bathroom trash cans
Personal care items (all new, please)
Hair brushes, combs
Shampoo and Conditioner
Toothbrushes and toothpaste
Sanitary napkins (no tampons)
Kitchen Items (new or if used, clean and in very good condition)
Pots and pans (please no scratches if nonstick type)
Flatware sets of 4 or more (knives, spoons, forks)
Flatware drawer organizers
Dinner plates – matching sets of 4 or more
White cereal/soup bowls in sets of 4 or more
Drinking glasses in matching sets of 4 or more
Ceramic mugs in matching sets of 4 or more
Spatulas and Serving utensils
Miscellaneous items (all new, please)
Electric tea kettle
We also have an Amazon Wish List. in case you prefer to order and ship items to JFS.
- Specialty Products/Food Items – many clients served through the JFS Specialty Food Pantry have many dietary restrictions and nutritional needs. Hygiene products are always needed for clients served through JFS. A current need in the Specialty Food Pantry is Glucerna, which is given to clients with chronic diabetes in need of supplemental nutrition.
- Emergency Financial Assistance – You can sponsor a specific family need. JFS often seeks specific support to help a family avoid utility shut off, eviction, or to provide for auto repairs or burial assistance.
Office Wish List
JFS regularly seeks office equipment in good working order:
- Sound system, including microphone and amplifier
- LCD projector
Due to security reasons, JFS cannot accept unsolicited in-kind donations. If you are interested in making a donation of this type, please let us know via our Contact Us form.