We truly appreciate the support of our community as we set up warm and welcoming homes for incoming families. Please refer to the following lists of needs for household goods and furniture donation sign ups. In addition, please email Patty Benson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements to drop off items to our offsite storage area (very much appreciated; details to be provided) or to coordinate a pick up of your items.
For detailed lists of items needed, please view the following:
Furniture Needs: Jewish Family Services: Refugee Resettlement Furniture Needs (signupgenius.com)
Household Needs: Jewish Family Services: Refugee Resettlement Household Needs (signupgenius.com)
Due to security reasons, JFS cannot accept unsolicited in-kind donations. If you are interested in making a donation of any of the FOLLOWING ITEMS LISTED BELOW, please let us know via our Contact Us form.
Please consider donations of the following (if lacking any specifically needed items):
- Automobiles – If your vehicle is in good driving condition, you will provide someone with essential transportation and receive the full bluebook value off your taxes. If it is not in driving condition, consider donating your vehicle to Charity Motors and designate the sale proceeds to JFS of Washtenaw County. Visit www.charitymotors.org for more information.
- Classroom Materials – items such as composition notebooks, lined paper, binders, mouse pads, and electric pencil sharpeners will aid our ESL classrooms and students. Books and Reference materials will assist ESL students to hone their language skills.
- Gas, phone & pharmacy pre-paid cards – provide clients with the independence and dignity to purchase what they need.
- Gift Cards – Meijer, Walmart, Target, and Visa gift cards are greatly appreciated. Our bargain shoppers will do the work to purchase just what is needed.
- Pro bono professional services – JFS often seeks providers of affordable or pro-bono services for low income clients including dental, mental health, optical and legal services.
- Mentoring & employment leads – provide your guidance and expertise to a newly arrived immigrant or mid-career professional seeking new employment.
- We also have an Amazon Wish List, in case you prefer to order and ship items to JFS.
- Specialty Products/Food Items – many clients served through the JFS Specialty Food Pantry have many dietary restrictions and nutritional needs. Hygiene products are always needed for clients served through JFS. A current need in the Specialty Food Pantry is Glucerna, which is given to clients with chronic diabetes in need of supplemental nutrition.
- Emergency Financial Assistance – You can sponsor a specific family need. JFS often seeks specific support to help a family avoid utility shut off, eviction, or to provide for auto repairs or burial assistance.
Office Wish List
JFS regularly seeks office equipment in good working order:
- Sound system, including microphone and amplifier
- LCD projector