New American Community Club (NACC)
The New American Community Club (NACC) for Older Adults is a centralized geriatric psychosocial support program for foreign born seniors. Funded by the Area Agency on Aging, this program was developed by Jewish Family Services in order to assist foreign-born older adults in accessing social and medical services, to offer them direct support, and to make their environment friendlier by promoting the process of acculturation and integration of older adult immigrants into the larger community.
Intake services are offered in English and in Russian on an on-going basis and additional translating services are available, as needed. During the intake process, clients are presented with options available from an array programs and services.
NACC provides assistance in the following areas:
- Case Management / Social Services
- Housing Referrals /Discounts
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Burial Services Assistance
- Referrals/ Resource Advocacy
- Interpretation/Translation Services
- Assistance with issues related to immigration and naturalization
- English as a Second Language Program
- Language Partnership Program
- Meals-On-Wheels referrals and arrangements
- Friendly Home Visits
- The Professional Clothes Closet / Food Pantry Program
- Therapeutic and mutual help group participation
- Short- and long-term counseling
- Health education
- Cultural and other educational program
- Field trips
Contact us by calling (734)769-0209 for more details, or to make an appointment.