JFS offers naturalization application and citizenship education services to eligible legal permanent residents.
Jewish Family Services is a sub-grantee of a two-year Citizenship and Integration National Capacity Building Grant awarded by the Office of Citizenship, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to HIAS, Inc.
The funding enables JFS to offer comprehensive citizenship preparation services to eligible lawful permanent residents (LPRs; “green card holders”). This includes an assessment of eligibility for naturalization; citizenship classes to prepare individuals for the citizenship interview and test; assistance with the USCIS application to become a U.S. citizen; and assistance with fee waivers and waivers of educational requirements based upon disability for eligible LPRs.
You may be eligible to become an American citizen if:
- You have been a lawful permanent resident (“held a green card”) for 5 years or more.
- You are married to a U.S. citizen and you have been a lawful permanent resident for 3 years or more.
- You have served in the U.S. military and are a lawful permanent resident.
What are the benefits of citizenship?
- Voting in elections – make your voice heard!
- Traveling with a U.S. passport.
- Protecting yourself and family members from possible deportation.
- No more green card renewal fees!
- Conveying citizenship to your children.
How can JFS help you become a citizen?
- JFS provides naturalization application services to people of all faiths.
- JFS provides in-depth naturalization eligibility screenings.
- JFS also provides advice and assistance in completing and submitting naturalization applications as well as follow-up with USCIS.
- There is a $70 fee for naturalization application services.
For more information about naturalization application services, please contact Andre Yastchenko at 734-769-0209, or email@example.com
- JFS offers citizenship classes to prepare clients to pass the naturalization interview and test.
- Class curriculum includes lessons based on the USCIS 100 Questions and activities to improve your English reading & writing skills, and interview skills.
- Current classes are held at JFS offices on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00-3:00pm
- There is a $50 fee to register for classes.
For more information about citizenship classes, please contact Jessica Vinter at 734-769-0209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**This material is based upon work supported by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security under Grant Award Number 2011-CS-010-000042. The views and conclusions contained in this document are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as necessarily representing the official policies, either express or implied, of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.