The Herb Amster Center
The mission of the Amster Center is to develop revenue-generating businesses to reduce JFS’ dependence on grant and foundation funding.
The Herb Amster Center is a new division of Jewish Family Services of Washtenaw County, created in honor of Herb Amster. Herb was a well-respected, innovative leader in the business and nonprofit community, as well as a mentor and inspiration to many. JFS was his passion; he served on the board and in other capacities at JFS for many years.
The Herb Amster Center:
- A distinct service center under the JFS umbrella
- Offers unique, revenue-generating services to help individuals and families working toward financial stability
- Connects to statewide economic development initiatives
- Facilitates the development of broad, sustainable investor support
- Based on existing JFS expertise and successful non-profit models