“Just as my ancestors planted for me, I too am planting for my descendants” — Talmud (Taanit 23a)
For more than 25 years, Jewish Family Services (JFS) has provided care for Washtenaw County residents based on the abiding principle of tikkun olam, repairing the world one person at a time. From our roots in the resettlement of Jewish refugees from the former Soviet Union to our multi-faceted services dedicated to strengthening family life, fostering individual self-sufficiency and promoting improved social and economic conditions for people of all religions, races and ethnicities, JFS reflects a deeply held belief that we are each responsible for one another.
We are here for individuals and their loved ones who are:
- Experiencing life’s transitions accompanied by fears and uncertainties
- Struggling with mental health issues and their place in the world
- Seeking financial independence for themselves and their families
- Stepping foot into a strange land often without anyone to call family or friend
- Caring for aging parents with little or no time to care for themselves
- Needing transportation to connect them to necessary medical care
- Lacking basic nourishment to feed their bodies and souls
We serve with compassion and adapt to meet the changing needs of our community. We are inspired by our Jewish values and our mission: Creating Solutions. Promoting Dignity. Inspiring Humanity.
Our Legacy Society members are individuals just like you who want to change lives now and ensure the well-being of future generations. Please join us!
Jewish Family Services of Washtenaw County is proud to participate in the LIFE & LEGACY® planned giving program sponsored by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation. Life & Legacy assists communities across North America, through partnerships with Jewish Federations and Foundations, to promote after-lifetime giving to build endowments that will provide financial stability to Jewish day schools, synagogues, social service organizations, and other Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives, this partnership program motivates Jewish organizations to secure legacy gifts, steward donors, and integrate legacy giving into the philanthropic culture of the Jewish community.
Photo credit: Tree of Life by Brooke Hoyer is licensed under CC BY 2.0