In lieu of dedicated Jewish senior independent,
assisted living and nursing facilities in Washtenaw
County, ElderLink offers dynamic programming to
organizations committed to providing culturally
conscientious care to their communities.
Improvement in cultural competence has been
shown to contribute to client and staff referrals,
acquisition and retention.
Supporting your clients’ ability to maintain their cultural
- allows for easier adaptation to new
- allows for continuity of previous life activities
- allows for maintenance of familiar roles and
adoption of new ones
- results in high life satisfaction and well-being
Proceeds from the ElderLink program directly support the caring, feeding, transporting, resettling, educating, training and support of vulnerable citizens in Washtenaw County.
2021 ELDERLINK PARTNERS
TRAININGS FOR ELDERLINK PARTNERS COVER THESE TOPICS AND MORE:
- Judaism 101: Culture & History
- Jewish Holidays and Celebrations
- Issues specific to Jewish Older Adults
- Local Jewish Community resources
- Kosher and Kosher-style dining options
- Materials for holiday celebration, including
Judaica items and music
ELDERLINK PARTNER BENEFITS:
- Advertising space in JFS lobby
- Ongoing recognition of partnership with logo on JFS website
- Dedicated partnership post in JFS newsletter (These “advertorials” can highlight the trainings/parties/activities you are doing)
- Collaboration to meet the unique needs of individual residents
- ElderLink certification sticker for lobbies and sales offices
Interested in Becoming an Elderlink Partner?
When community members reach out to JFS to understand more about senior living, home health care and hospice services, we will give them the list of our Elderlink partners.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!